Saturday, December 26, 2009

Christmas with our families

We had a wonderful Christmas this year. Christmas eve started out a little rough. I had planned to make all this good stuff and it all ended up in the trash can. Orange balls - trash, Martha Washington balls - trash, coconut shrimp balls - trash. Everything I made was supposed to be a ball of some kind, but nothing turned out that way. Everything was mush. Oh well. After I sat down in the floor and cried, I felt better and all was good with the world again. Anyways, we went to my mom's house that night. We ate and opened presents. We had a good time. The boys loved all their presents. Then, after that, we dropped the boys off at Maurine's house so we could go and get our Santa stuff that we were hiding at Adam's house. We got the boys in the bed around 10:30 and Santa came around 1:30. Austin was the first one up at 6:30. We ate breakfast, then just stayed around the house and lazed the rest of the afternoon. That night, we had Christmas with MeMe and Paw (Maurine and Donald). The boys always have fun with Eli, Gabe, and Sam. Kamden seemed to favor Eli this time. :) I put together a slide show, but I didn't have any pictures from Maurine's house. I took my camera in, but got so preoccupied that I forgot to take any pictures. It was another great Christmas. Thank you Jesus for allowing us to celebrate your birthday in such a special way. You have given us the ultimate present.

2 comments:

  1. I loved the slideshow with pictures of the boys on Christmas morning. Those pictures are so precious to me! Also, I have to tell you that you look absolutely beautiful in every picture! I enjoyed seeing you guys Christmas Day. I'm sure we'll see you again at Nannie's this week! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you all had a great Christmas! I pray that the New Year will be a blessed one for you and your family! Take care!

    ReplyDelete