Tuesday, December 1, 2009

O Christmas Tree............Poor Christmas Tree........



Well, this is our Christmas tree. It has had a rough few days. It looks really bad in the picture, but I think it is just my camera. It really is prettier (or was) than what it looks like. We bought this tree about 3 years ago. We got it at Lowe's and paid a pretty price for it, and it has only worked right the first year we used it. It is prelit and now there is more lights out on it than works. We have had to rig another 300 lights on it just to make it look right, and the boys have done something to it today and knocked out a big chunck of lights on the bottom. They have took all the decorations off within reach. That is why the top half looks decorated and the bottom half does not. If I am out of the living room longer than 10 minutes, the boys just mutilate the tree. This really stresses me out, because I loooove a pretty Christmas tree. Looking at a Christmas tree puts me in a peaceful childlike spirit. Until now!!!!!!! I give up on having a tree with three little boys in the house. Maybe I'll be able to decorate for Christmas like I want to when they are teenagers. :)

3 comments:

  1. Glad to know I am not the only Mom with a Christmas Tree issue!! I have even hesitated wrapping presents and putting them under the tree. We thought keeping Timothy out of the tree would be a challenge but I think keeping Elijah out of it is going to be the biggest challenge. This is the first year I have not stressed over the decorations being just so-so. I actually let the kids put them where they wanted to and I put the precious ones on top...there are NO ornaments on the back!! Anyway it is for them anyway and as long as they enjoy it I need to be OK...again this is the first year I have had this attitude. I love reading your blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I laughed so hard when I read the title of your post!! I completey understand the abuse your Christmas tree is enduring! My poor Christmas tree in getting the same rough treatmemt from my boys!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is hilarious!!!! I put my tree up and when Jameson wants to touch it, I tell him "hot baby" and he doesn't touch it. I am sure that won't work next year. Don't worry, you will have a pretty tree again some day.

    ReplyDelete