Friday, March 19, 2010

Our problems are never bigger than our God!

This week feels like the worst week I have ever had so far. I don't mean to sound so negative, but it is the truth! Tuesday my Dad was found in the floor and was unable to get up. An ambulance picked him up and took him to the ER at Clay County. Shortly after he got there, his bp bottomed out and he had a seizure. It took about an hour to get him completely stable. They found that he was bleeding internally from a spot on his upper small intestine that was not healed from a previous surgery and since this spot was so swollen and inflamed it had caused an obstruction, so nothing could go through, so they had to put a NG tube down to get all the blood out plus he has pancreatitis. He was transferred out to Trinity Medical Center in B'ham. He is doing better, but is still in rough shape. On Tuesday, I honestly thought that I was going to lose my Dad. Nobody knows this but Andrew, but I constantly have dreams about my Dad dying. In my dreams I feel so helpless and angry. On top of this, our van is torn up and we have had to borrow Jenny's vehicles. Plus, our finances our not in great shape. The boys have been acting up and on Thursday afternoon, I honestly thought I was going to lose my mind. But, our God is great.....It is Friday and the sun is shining.....which gives me hope that there is a light at the end of tunnel no matter what I am going through. And I know this may sound a little nutty to some people.....but as I stand in the sun, feel its warmth, hear the birds singing, and feel the gentle breeze......that is where I feel the presence of my God, and feel the presence of his arms around me protecting me from the things of this world.

1 comment:

  1. You do not sound nutty . . . I completely understand. I'm sorry about your Dad's healh problems. I was encouraged by your post . . . "Our problems our never bigger than our God" . . . wow! To see and understand that when you are going through some of the trials you shared shows the power of God in your life. I will be praying for you. Thank you for who you are, Autumn, . . . such a wonderful woman.

    ReplyDelete