Monday, November 16, 2009

Kade now has a big boy room!!!!!


Kade finally has his own big boy room now. He has been sleeping with Austin ever since he was able to crawl out of his baby bed. But, with Austin being in school now and needing to get some beneficial zzzz's in every night, the bed sharing had turned into a big problem. There has been several nights when Austin has got back up out of the bed to tell me that he couldn't go to sleep because Kade wouldn't be quiet and let him sleep. Then, there is the every night issue of them waking each other up, Austin ends up on the couch, and Kade ends up in between me and Andrew probably 5 out of 7 days of the week. Then I end up not being able to sleep so I go to the couch and you can probably guess it........Kade wakes up, discovers I am not in my bed, and finds me on the couch so he can sleep on the couch with me.........then when he goes back to sleep I sneak back in my bed. As you can tell we do not sleep very well and I wake up with a headache almost every morning. But, Kade has been in his big boy bed for several nights now, has not hesitated to go bed, and has slept all night in his own bed. And because of that, Austin has slept all night in his bed, and me and Andrew have slept all night uninterupted. :) And wow is he proud of his new room!! When I first showed him his room, I was sitting on the bed eating yogurt, and he said, "Mommy, not eat on my new bed, go to the table." I said,"okay baby, you're right we're not supposed to eat on our beds are we?" and Kade said,"not sit on my bed either, Mommy." Even during church on Sunday he looked at me and said that he liked his new big boy room. Oh yea, and did I mention that he also makes (or tries very hard to) his bed in the morning? I didn't even know he had it in him. Maybe Andrew should take some notes from his three year old about housekeeping!!!! :)

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you commented on my blog! I have many times wanted to touch base with you...but am sure you are just as busy as I am!! I look forward to keeping up with you and your family!
    Love you!
    Cantina

    ReplyDelete