Saturday, July 10, 2010

So It's Off to Work I Go!

Well, after several weeks of feeling like it was the end of the earth because I was putting the boys in preschool, I started back to work again. I have been at home with my babies for four years, and it was the hardest decision ever to decide to go back to work. And, honestly, if we had plenty of money, of course I would still be at home with my monkeys, but that is just not the case. I started working for Dr. Pickrell (eye doctor) two weeks ago, and everything has been going pretty good. The first night I cried myself to sleep, because it was then that I realized exactly how much time a day I would be spending with the kids. I started Kade and Kamden at First Assembly Christian School and Austin is going too for the month of July. I have been very pleased with the care they are getting there and feel like they are in good hands of good Christian people. Kade absolutely loves it, and has not cried any. Kamden, on the other hand, is very hesitant in the mornings. For the first three days he cried, then the next two days after that he kinda walked in, slammed his backpack down, and looked at everybody like he really, really, didn't want to be there :), then Friday, he just kinda walked in and seemed pretty much okay, and I slipped out the door. To see him slam his backpack against the wall and give the look that he gave, was absolutely hilarious! But, we are slowly making progress. I am thinking this working thing may actually work out after all, although I do feel overwhelmed when I finally get home in the evenings and see the kitchen is still a disaster and breakfast from that morning is still on the table. :/ I am exhausted during the week because there is alot of preparation that goes into getting me off to work and the three monkeys off to daycare. But, anywho that is what life at our house has been like lately. As I am typing this, the boys are screaming and fighting, and Andrew is yelling for me to get in there. Another sign that all is well here! lol! Until next time.......

1 comment:

  1. You are a great mom, Autumn! I know it must be hard to go back to work. I pray that you will still find time to do the things you want to do and time to rest. The boys will one day apppreciate everything you do for them.

    Thank you so much for helping me at the boys' party last weekend. My grandmother and mother always comment on what a sweet person you are after they get to see you. You have a way of making people around you feel comfortable and at home. You are a blessing to those around you and especially to Andrew and your boys!

    ReplyDelete