Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Sickness, Surgery, and Broken Bones......

Okay, so I have worked for a total of one month (almost). Since I have started working, Kamden has had a stomach virus, Kade has a possible fractured arm (accident that happened at school), and Kade has had to have his tonsils and adenoids removed. The first day I missed work was because I had to take Kade to the Ortho doctor, because our family doctor said his arm was fractured. The Ortho doctor couldn't tell anything for sure, so we have to go back this Thursday to get a repeat x-ray, because the doc said it is easier to see a fracture on a x-ray 10 days later. Why??? I don't really know. Just hoping it is not fractured because Kade would not be a happy camper in a cast. But, for right now, he is just in a splint (most of the time). :) Then, Kamden had a stomach virus. One day Maurine and Jenny took turns keeping him, the next day Andrew took some sick time and stayed with him, and then the next day, Shani (babysitter) stayed with him. Which brings me to today. Kade had his tonsils and adenoids removed this morning, and is asleep on the couch as I type this. He has done okay with the surgery so far. Just real sore throat and laying around. I will be home with him tomorrow too. Andrew will have his turn on Thursday, and not so sure what Friday holds. So, as you can tell there are definitely drawbacks to working full time and trying to be Mommy too. I know it will not always be this hard, but for right now it seems like a juggling act. Just hoping things will start getting a little easier.

3 comments:

  1. Whew! I guess when it rains . . . well you know! Let us know about Kade's arm. I hope it is okay. I'm glad he's doing okay so far with his tonsils and adenoids. Let me know if I can ever help you. I can come keep the boys anytime if you ever need me. I'll be praying for you, Autumn. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! So sorry to hear things are a little crazy! I will be praying for you all! Love you my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the prayers! We found out that Kade's arm is not broken, but as for the surgery...well, this is alot rougher than what I thought. He woke up four times during the night last night crying. And since the surgery, his ears have been hurting him too, but that goes along with it. Just praying for a fast recovery and a better week for everybody!

    ReplyDelete